Laptop Repair Experts
801, Siddhartha Building, 96-Nehru Place
When Macbook Pro liquid damage has occurred the liquid will likely make its way to the logic board and other components inside. The minerals and salts in the liquid immediately begin to eat away at the metal, silicone & fiberglass that the components are made of. If there is a power source available, such as a battery, which is supplying power to the system (even when the computer is turned off), the electric current will interact with the liquid and accelerate the corrosion process. This will cause the copper and other metals to migrate across the board. If this corrosion process is not stopped you will likely end up with a very expensive paperweight.
IF MACBOOK PRO LIQUID DAMAGE HAS OCCURRED:
- DO NOT ATTEMPT TO POWER ON THE MAC! This can cause more unnecessary damage. Occasionally, your Mac may power on but if the liquid is left on the logic board it will likely fail.
- Dry up any visible liquid. DO NOT TRY TO POWER ON YOUR MACBOOK PRO! Even a small amount of corrosion left untreated over time can cause your Logic Board to fail. Regardless of who you choose for your repair you should always have your Mac looked at by a professional.
- DO NOT put your MacBook Pro in a bag of rice! This is a terrible idea! Rice is covered with rice dust and other nastiness and will reek havoc on the internal components of your MacBook Pro.
- Hair Dryers are a bad idea while it may dry the liquid it will not remove any corrosion and will likely render your keyboard non functional.
- Be aware that MacBook Pro liquid damage is not covered under any manufactures warranty or extended care plan. If the manufacture is notified that liquid damage has occurred the machine is immediately black listed and the warranty is voided. They will repair the damage, but it will likely cost almost as much as a new machine.
- The picture below is an example of what liquid does to the internal components…no amount of rice or blow drying will reverse this type of damage.
We have the tools and the expertise to bring your MacBook Pro back to life. In fact, Laptop Repair Experts have been doing MacBook Pro liquid damage repair for 5 years is the nation wide leader in cost-effective and reliable MacBook Pro liquid damage repair processing several repairs a week. Our Engineers use state-of-the-art equipment and techniques to ensure your Mac’s main logic board is up and running as if the liquid spill never happened! Once the repair is complete, we run your Mac through extensive diagnostic tests that includes a complete burn in to ensure optimal performance.